River Course Club House
In March of 2010, the River Course Clubhouse on Kiawah Island burned and had to be rebuilt. Taking this as an opportunity to re-envision the building, the project was designed as the expanded brother of the previous building. The clubhouse was designed to be a unique, iconic, facility with the intent to provide luxurious experiences for club members and their families. The building encompasses a restaurant, bar, grill, great hall for events, men’s and women’s locker rooms and lunging spaces, club management facilities, golf support and a pool. The building itself is a state-of-the-art structure with all the modern technology and amenities members expect in an iconic, comforting environment, with an aesthetic direction informed by shingle-style and Lowcountry vernacular influences.
• Director of Architecture and Design Decision Maker for Kiawah Partners: Scott Anderson (May 2011- August 2013)
• Design Architect: John Haley (responsible for conceptual studies)
• Architect of Record: McKellar Associates, Mount Pleasant, SC
• Lighting Designer: Bentel & Bentel, Architects, Long Island, NY
• Consulting Architect: D. Stanley Dixon Architecture, Inc.
• MEP Engineer: Epic Engineering, Mount Pleasant, SC
• Structural Engineer: ADC, North Charleston, SC
• Landscape Architect: Charlies Arrington, Kiawah Partners