River Course Clubhouse
River Course Club House
In March of 2010, the River Course Clubhouse on Kiawah Island burned and had to be rebuilt. Taking this as an opportunity to re-envision the building, the project was designed as the expanded brother of the previous building. The clubhouse was designed to be a unique, iconic, facility with the intent to provide luxurious experiences for club members and their families. The building encompasses a restaurant, bar, grill, great hall for events, men’s and women’s locker rooms and lunging spaces, club management facilities, golf support and a pool. The building itself is a state-of-the-art structure with all the modern technology and amenities members expect in an iconic, comforting environment, with an aesthetic direction informed by shingle-style and Lowcountry vernacular influences.
• Director of Architecture and Design Decision Maker for Kiawah Partners: Scott Anderson (May 2011- August 2013)
• Design Architect: John Haley (responsible for conceptual studies)
• Architect of Record: McKellar Associates, Mount Pleasant, SC
• Lighting Designer: Bentel & Bentel, Architects, Long Island, NY
• Consulting Architect: D. Stanley Dixon Architecture, Inc.
• MEP Engineer: Epic Engineering, Mount Pleasant, SC
• Structural Engineer: ADC, North Charleston, SC
• Landscape Architect: Charlies Arrington, Kiawah Partners